Nothing better than a bit of warm chili on a cold winter night. Angela Colabella, a New Canaan resident from Little’s Specialty Foods has a great recipe for ‘Taco Tuesdays’ or the big game. We carry their line of Chili Mixes in both original and hot seasonings. Angela will be in-store January 20th, 11 am to 2 pm, for a delicious chili tasting!
Chili Pepper Chili Corn Tostadas
1 cup canola oil
8 – 6 inch corn tortillas
1 can (15 oz.) red beans
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheese
1 cup diced onions
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded lettuce
4 chopped tomatoes
1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 cup water
1 package (1.25 oz.) Little’s Chili Pepper Chili Seasoning Mix
1. In a saucepan, brown meat with water on medium-high heat.
2. Rinse and drain beans. Set aside.
3. Lower heat, add Chili Pepper Chili Seasoning Mix.
4. Simmer the chili; uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally while adding beans.
5. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
6. Fry the tortilla only one at a time until they are lightly browned and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain tortilla on paper towel.
7. To serve, place a tortilla on a plate. Top and layer the tortilla with chili, cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.