Surprise the family with this tasty combination of grilling flavors. The Salmon is easy to cook on the grill and the sauce cooks up quickly for a delicious summer main course. Serve with freshly made robust salad with all the great in-season vegetable choices.
Grilled Salmon with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce
(from Jeanette’s Healthy Living)
• 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds fresh salmon, cut into 3-4 ounce portions
Thai Coconut Curry Sauce
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons Thai curry paste (red or panang are my favorites)
• 1/2 cup coconut milk plus 1 cup coconut milk, divided
• 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons organic sugar
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely slivered, optional, for garnish
1. Oil a long piece of foil. Lay salmon pieces on top of foil and flip over so both sides of fish are oiled. Grill until just cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. You do not need to flip the fish if the grill cover is down.
2. To make Thai Coconut Curry Sauce, cook 2 teaspoons oil, curry paste and 1/2 cup coconut milk in a small saucepan until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and paprika. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer a minutes longer until slightly thickened.
3. To serve, spoon Thai Coconut Curry Sauce over grilled salmon.
4. Sprinkle slivered kaffir lime leaves on top.
Jeanette Chen, a resident of New Canaan for 20 years, is the busy mom of 4 boys and author of a popular health and wellness food blog, Jeanette’s Healthy Living [http://jeanetteshealthyliving.com/]. She was recently nominated for Best Health Blog by Healthline and is always looking for ways to make healthier meals for her family and friends.