Need a recipe to charm your Valentine this weekend? This dish of Miso Orange Glazed Scallops with Stir-Fry Vegetable Soba Noodles is a wonderful way to enjoy fresh produce and seafood at its finest. It’s light yet satisfyingly delicious. Jeanette Chen from Jeanette’s Healthy Eating shared this recipe which, although it has a number of ingredients, it quite easy to prepare. Our U.S. Wild Scallops, which are so fresh that we offer a 200% guarantee, are the mainstay of this meal.
Ingredients (Serves three)
2 bunches (3.8 ounces total) dried gluten-free soba noodles
1½ tablespoons light miso
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons mirin
2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sambal olek
10 ounces fresh scallops
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup scallions, cut into 1½” pieces, white and green parts
1½ cups snow peas, trimmed
1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
½ cup carrots, julienned
2 cups baby bok choy, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
black sesame seeds
1. Cook soba noodles according to package directions; rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together miso, orange juice, mirin, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sambal olek. Add scallops and toss gently to coat. Cover and marinate 15-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Remove scallops from marinade using slotted spoon (save the marinade) and place on baking sheet that has been lined with foil and oiled. Turn scallops over so the other side has a little oil on it. Broil 7-9 minutes until cooked through.
4. Heat oil in wok or large skillet. Add white parts of scallions and stir-fry a minute. Add snow peas, carrots, bok choy, and mushrooms; stir fry about a minute; add reserved marinade, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, soy sauce and remaining scallions. Cook another minute. Add cooked soba noodles and toss to coat and heat through.
5. Plate soba noodles and arrange scallops on top. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.