Jeanette Chen, a resident of New Canaan for 20 years, is the busy mom of 4 boys and author of a popular health and wellness blog, Jeanette’s Healthy Living. She was recently nominated for Best Health Blog by Healthline and is always looking for ways to make healthier meals for her family and friends. This Skinny Philly Cheese Steak Dip is perfect for March Madness – it’s deceptively rich tasting and will satisfy the meat lovers in your crowd.
Skinny Philly Cheese Steak Dip (gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milkfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 8-ounce package mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- paprika, if desired
- Place cottage cheese in food processor and process until smooth. Add milk, cornstarch and shredded cheese and process until combined.
- In a large pan, heat oil and saute bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic until onions are softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking up pieces.
- Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook a minute or two for flavors to develop.
- Stir in cottage cheese mixture and turn off heat. Stir until cheese is melted and dip is creamy. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips or whole grain crackers.