Strawberry Banana French Toast Casserole
Jeanette Chen, a resident of New Canaan for 20 years, is the busy mom of 4 boys and author of a popular health and wellness food blog, Jeanette’s Healthy Living. She was recently nominated for Best Health Blog by Healthline and is always looking for ways to make healthier meals for her family and friends. The Strawberry Banana French Toast Casserole she’s sharing is perfect for Easter Brunch, and is easily gluten-free and dairy-free adaptable.
- 8 slices bread (whole grain or gluten free), crust trimmed, cut into cubes
- 2 banana, mashed
- 12 strawberries, diced
- 1 cup low-fat milk or non-dairy milk (almond, soy, rice)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking dish with spray oil (for a more elegant presentation, use individual ramekins). Place cubed bread in baking dish(es). Mix mashed banana, strawberries, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Pour milk mixture over bread cubes and toss gently until bread is evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup.