Before the weather warms up too much, here’s a healthy and satisfying soup from Jeannette Chen at Jeanette’s Healthy Living that’s high in fiber and protein.Continue reading
It’s almost November now, the football season is in full swing and the NY Mets are in the World Series. It’s the perfect time for Chili! Our friend Angela has a delicious and easy Chili recipe – New Canaan’s own Little’s Specialty Foods Chili Pepper Chili recipe. You can pick up your fresh ingredients and the seasoning mix right at the store for a delicious game time dish. All of the savory seasonings in the mix are the perfect blend of specialty spices – transforming this ordinary dish into extraordinary. All their products are free from artificial ingredients, gluten, and no added MSG so the whole family can enjoy. This recipe can be made in 25 minutes and serves four to six. Make up a big pot today!
Chili Pepper Chili
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 cup water
1 can (15 oz) beans
4 oz. vermicelli noodles (uncooked)
1 package (1.25 oz.) Little’s Specialty Chili Pepper Chili Seasoning Mix
1. In saucepan, brown meat with water on medium-high heat.
2. Drain and rinse beans. Cook noodles as directed. Set aside.
3. Lower heat, add Seasoning Mix. Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
4. Before serving add beans and noodles.
5. Garnish with cheddar cheese, onions and jalapenos.