Shop Online with Stewarts Market
How Does it Work?
Walter Stewart’s Online is designed to save you time with a simple, straightforward shopping experience that mirrors the Walter Stewart’s in-store experience. Select your items, choose your pick-up time or home delivery window and our personal shoppers will take care of the rest!
Our e-commerce shopping solution is a seamless transition from shopping in store at Walter Stewart’s.
- View all of your previous purchases in your order history,
- Create shopping lists,
- Check on your T-Bill rewards balance and use your T-Bills toward the shopping fees.
- We offer the same selection of products online as in-store with the same prices.
Curbside pickup times:
- We offer pick up times from Monday – Sunday in half hour windows.
- Home delivery: We deliver to the following local zip codes: 06840, 06820, 06850, 06897, 06903, 10576, 10590
- Home delivery times: We offer 3 delivery windows Monday through Saturday: 11am-12pm; 2pm – 3pm; and 5pm- 6pm.
- Orders can be placed as little as 3 hours ahead of time all the way up to 8 days in advance.
We currently offer same day curbside and delivery service.
There is no minimum order or maximum order
There is a $7.95 fee for all curbside pickup orders. All home delivery orders have $15.90 fee. Your first 4 picking fees ($7.95) are FREE (a total value of $31.80!) You may use your T-Bill rewards towards the shopping fee. Click here for more information about our T-Bill Rewards program.
On the day your order is scheduled, our personal shopper will do all that they can to ensure that you get everything you ordered as requested. You may allow substitutions or not. Our personal shopper will contact you with questions about your order when possible.
Pull up in our reserved Walter Stewart’s Online pickup lane and text 4848 to 855-577-4848 to let us know you’re here. Stay in your car, pop your trunk and we will load your groceries in your car. The process is contactless!
Notes and Substitutions
Be sure to include any notes you may want to include on the Shopping Cart page and mark ‘Allow Substitutions’ for items that you’d be willing to accept an alternative for, or select “Allow All Substitutions” at the top of the Shopping Cart page, just in case we are out of stock of your original item.
Our weekly sales promotions run each Thursday to the following Wednesday.
Helpful Online Shopping Tips
There’s multiple ways to shop with Walter Stewart’s Online:
- Use the search bar at the top of the web page and search by whatever product, brand, or type of item you’re looking for.
- Select a category from the top menu bar (hover over each category for a drop down list) and browse by department on the home page.
- When looking at items, use the filters along the left side bar to narrow down the items by brand, department, category, sub-category, or health attribute.
- On your shopping cart summary page, remember to add any notes to specific items or the whole order in general.
- Be sure to check ‘Allow Substitutions’ for any items you’ll accept a similar item of (in case we are out of stock of your first choice); you can also select “Allow All Substitutions” at the top of the Shopping Cart page and we’ll find the closest substitutions for any items that are currently out of stock.
How to Create a Shopping List
A key time-saving feature of Walter Stewart’s Online is the ease in which you can create a shopping list and access and edit your lists going forward. Have regular items that you get every week? Create a list and you can order those at the click of a button! Or, do you need to make a list for that birthday party you’re hosting next week? No problem, you can also make a list for a specific occasion as well and add items to the list as you remember them. There are a couple different ways you can get a list started, so you can easily add items to a list wherever you are at in your shopping process:
- From any item page or listing of items you will see the list button above the “Add to Cart” button when you are logged in. Click on this and you can add any quantity of that item to an existing list or create a new list right from there.
- From your shopping cart page, you can also select to move (and delete from your cart) any item to one of your lists, or copy an item (and keep in your current cart) to any list as well.
- You can also manage your lists from your account page. You can access your account options from the top right, where it says Hello, (your name). From the drop-down select “Lists.” Here you can manage the items in any of your lists. You can also select to move (and delete from your list) any item or the whole list to your shopping cart, or copy an item or the whole list to your cart as well. In Account options you may also view past purchase, past items, and your T-Bill Rewards balance.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, requests or suggestions. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-Commerce FAQs – Ordering Online
What if I can’t find an item on the site?
If you are unable to find a product online but think we carry it, add a note in the Instructions box when you checkout. Enter as much information about the product as possible and we will make our best attempt to find it for you.
Can I add special instructions for items?
Yes! Do prefer green bananas or very ripe avocados? You can add special instructions to any item in your shopping cart from the Shopping Cart page. There is also an option to put instructions for the entire order as well, such as ‘Please don’t put the produce in plastic bags.’
How do substitutions work?
By default we do not substitute items. From the Shopping Cart page you may select ‘Allow Substitutions’ for any specific items or select “Allow All Substitutions.” Selecting this lets our personal shoppers know that you’ll accept a similar item if the original item you selected is unavailable when we prepare your order for you. You will be charged the price of the substitute item. We carry a lot of unique products and thus not all items will have a suitable substitute.
Does Walter Stewart’s Market deliver?
Yes, we offer 3 convenient delivery slots, Monday through Saturday: 11am-12pm; 2pm – 3pm; and 5pm- 6pm.
We deliver to the following local zip codes: 06840, 06820, 06850, 06897, 06903, 10576, 10590.
We deliver in our approved, food safe refrigerated van.
Is there an order minimum I need to meet?
There is not a minimum order.
How far in advance can I place an order for pick-up?
Orders can be placed up to 8 days in advance.
What about beer, wine, & spirits?
Shop online at StewartsWines.com and select delivery with Grocery order and we will deliver your wine and groceries together. A customer 21 years or older must be present to receive the order or we reserve the right to refuse alcohol delivery.
How do I know if an item is on sale?
Sale items will have the original price struck through and show the sale price below the original price. They also will show the savings amount in the bottom corner of the product image.
Can I change the date/time of pickup for an order I have already placed?
Please give us a call at (203) 966-4848 or email us at email@example.com if you need to change the date or time of pickup for an order you’ve already placed and we will try our best to accommodate the request. Please note that pick up and delivery slots may already be filled.
Can I review my order once it’s been placed?
You will receive a confirmation email when you place your order that includes a list of everything you ordered. Additionally, you can log in to your account and select ‘Past Orders.’ Here you can see an order you just placed as well as any previous orders.
Can I save an order I haven’t finished yet?
You sure can. Once you have registered for an account and logged in, any item you put in your cart will remain there until you checkout or remove the item. If you place items into your cart but have not signed into your account items in your cart will not be saved.
How do I edit order I already placed?
You may modify your completed order up until the time our personal shopper starts to pick it.
Select the pending order, under Account Options/Orders, if the Order Picking has not begun by our shopper, select Edit Order to modify the order.
Editing options include:
Select the button under Quantity to modify the quantity ordered.
Remove from Cart to eliminate the displayed item.
Select Continue Shopping to add items.
When all changes are complete, select Order Now. Please note you will have to check out again, your original order will be voided, but you may lose your original pickup or delivery time.
How can I cancel an order I’ve placed?
Go to Account Options/Orders and if available you will see Cancel Order option. Otherwise email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What if I need to return a product from my order?
Returns will be handled by our customer service team please call us (203) 966-4848 or email us at email@example.com if you are not satisfied with a product.
I received the wrong product. What should I do?
Our shoppers will do their best to make sure you get exactly what you ask for, but please call us (203) 966-4848 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we made a mistake with your order.
What about bag fees?
We exclusively use paper bags for your online grocery order (single-use plastic bags are banned in the town of New Canaan). There is a 10¢ fee for each paper bag that will be added on to your order.
What if the amount charged to my credit card is wrong?
Contact us at email@example.com or by calling (203) 966-4848 and we’ll gladly correct any billing issues. Please keep in mind that the order total shown online when you place the order is an estimate and often varies from the amount charged when the transaction is finalized on pickup day.
What if I would like to change my account information?
When you sign in to your account, click your name in the top right, then select the ‘Profile’ tab. From here you can update your contact information. You can also edit/delete your payment information from the ‘Wallet’ tab.
Is there a fee for ordering online?
Yes, there is a $7.95 picking fee for all grocery orders. There is an additional $7.95 delivery fee for home delivery.
Can I pay for my order with a gift card?
Our current online ordering system does not allow for payment with a gift card for gift card security purposes.
Do you have weekly specials?
We offer weekly specials. Our weekly sales begin on Thursdays and end the following Wednesday. You will always get the sale price of an item at the time of pickup. This may be different from when you placed the order.
How is the tax for my order determined?
Online orders are taxed exactly the same as if you were shopping in the store.
Is my credit card information safe?
Your credit card information is never stored with Walter Stewart’s Market and is never shared with any other parties. Card data input is replaced with an irreversible token in our system that has no value and all cardholder information is encrypted by the credit card processor.
Buy One, Get One Free
If an item is marked ‘Buy One, Get One Free’, you must add two of the items to your cart to receive the second item free.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, requests or suggestions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.